- He is a weird person.
- She is a spicy girl.
- This is a courtesy van.
- Please line up.
- A visitor is exchanging money at the front desk.
- Please have a seat.
- She is talking on the phone.
- He is very difficult to get along with.
- He is a very restrained person.
- He is as poor as a church mouse.
- We can’t afford an expensive car.
- They hunt with primitive tools.
- Can you be more specific?
- She is going to break up with her boyfriend.
- The times are different now.
- They listen attentively.
- You should eat a balanced diet with plenty of vegetables.
- I usually have my meals at regular times.
- I want a table with a sea view.
- Sorry for keeping you.
- The supermarket are not open till nine o’clock.
- I want to confirm my reservation.
- The food sold by vendors can make you ill.
- He denied leaking out any information.
- The order was restored after decades of civil war.
- Can I take your measurements for you?
- The survey will focus on higher productivity.
- We need more modern equipment.
- Please give out the copies of the report.
- Don’t underestimate his ability.
- She is so absent-minded.
- He’s not cut out to be a scientist.
- She hasn’t been around these few days.
- Let’s call it a day.
- He ran out of money.
- She is an impulsive buyer.
- Let’s face the facts.
- Please fill out this application.
- The field trip was a wonderful experience.
- It’s a great day to go for a walk.
Go for a walk—
- I was stunned by the news of his sudden resignation.
- He is the front-runner in the election.
- Do you want to run for the election？
- Please be seated.
- She sounds young for her age.
- She was borne by a French woman.
她的母親是法國人。(注意用 be borne by。)
- She borrowed money on credit.
- I want to travel to the ends of the earth.
- He asked me for money.
- He is so absorbed in playing computer games.
- .They gave us a hearty welcome.
- Take heart and go on trying
- He is captivated by her looks.
- He is a cheat.
- How much is your year end bonus?
- It is a heavy rain
- It is drizzling.
- A puff of wind blew my papers away.
- A gust of wind blew the door open.
- Don’t put the teacup on the edge of the table.
- There are notes written in the margin.
- You look fabulous.
- Beauty is only superficial.
- She’s got the brains and the looks.
- He has a sensitive ear.
- My scalp feels itchy.
- The bath water is burning hot.
- Don’t slouch.
- Hold it level.
- Stand up straight.
- The baby peed in his pants.
- We looked at the boundless ocean.
- Everone has his own limitations.
- Life is transient.
- Put conscience before profits.
- She found comfort in her children.
- She is a forcible speaker.
- He is an influential politician.
- Misery loves company.
- Don’t interfere in my business.
- They live moderately.
- She is modest in her speech.
- He is a hypocrite.
- That will cause a commotion.
- I got another reminder from the library.
- The lunar New Year is approaching.
- Tears glistened in her eyes.
- Tears trickled down her cheeks.
- Her face wrinkled with age.
- Let’s get down to the business.
- I am fed up with your complaining.
- You got off on the long foot.
- You’re vital to us.
- Can you let out those trousers for me?
- .I don’t want to get involved.
- He has a sense of humor.
- He is a quack.
- He is nearsighted.
- It’s a bittersweet memory.
- It’s a political contribution.